Monday, May 2, 2011

Floating Shelves

I've redecorated my workshop/bedroom. Despite the fact that I must share my humble abode with my sweet sister, I can still turn it into a workshop. I was cramped for the longest time, trying to find places for my materials that would keep them accessible-- without looking cluttered. I failed! There wasn't enough space for it to be a functional work place while looking quaint! It was messy and my work was constantly askew across the floors, or on my bed, even in the closet! Then, I stumbled across a photo of someone's office, with these adorable floating shelves.

I had to have one.

I asked my father to make me one, and it took him a few weeks before he finally found the time-- but he built me one! And I must say, he did a gorgeous job on it. The clean simplicity of it just makes it so wonderful! I really do have a wonderful papa. :) Now I can have a workshop that's cute!!!



I love it so much! But I just wanted to share. :)

Much love!

~ Mariah

1 comment: